How to Use KeepSolid VPN Unlimited on your Linux Computer
This tutorial introduces you a step-by-step guide on how to use KeepSolid VPN Unlimited on your Linux computer. How to connect to VPN using Linux? How to use VPN on Linux? Let’s check it out.
- How to use the Main screen of VPN Unlimited for Linux
- How to use the Servers screen of VPN Unlimited for Linux
- How to use the Menu screen of VPN Unlimited for Linux
- Bottom line on using VPN Unlimited for Linux
Note: DNS Firewall which was previously a built-in security feature of VPN Unlimited, is now available as a separate product. It blocks malware as you surf the web and makes you even more protected online. Learn more on this page.
1. How to use the Main screen of VPN Unlimited for Linux
Let’s get started with the main screen of our VPN app for Linux. Here you can establish a VPN connection by pressing the Start button, or turn it off by clicking Stop. Also, here you can view the map which displays both your real and virtual IP locations.
To check the details about your real and virtual IP addresses on your Linux Ubuntu device, just click on the blue or green box correspondingly. The Detailed IP info screen will show up, which will include actual IP address, country, and city.
The button of the main screen of our VPN app for Linux leads to Notifications. There, you can always check out our latest deals and discounts.
At the bottom of the main screen you can view the name of the selected VPN server. To choose another server, press on it, and you’ll get to the Servers screen of VPN Unlimited on Linux.
2. How to use the Servers screen of VPN Unlimited for Linux
The Servers screen of KeepSolid VPN Unlimited for Linux consists of 4 tabs:
- Favorites: It is the list of your preferred locations. To add a VPN server to your Favorites, you just need to click on the star icon next to the name of preferred location.
Here you can also activate the Optimal server option. This feature automatically selects a server that should provide the best performance.
- All servers: Here you can see the list of all servers available in the KeepSolid VPN Unlimited app.
- Torrent: This tab contains VPN servers that allow P2P download. Connect to any of them and download torrents anonymously and securely.
- Streaming: Here you can find servers specially designed to unblock access to such streaming services as Hulu, ESPN+, HBO Now, BBC iPlayer, etc.
Next to each VPN server you can see its workload. Less workloaded servers should provide you better performance.
If you want to find a specific server, you can type the desired location in the Search field.
In front of streaming servers you can also see this icon: . It opens the website of a corresponding streaming service in your browser.
Above the Search field you can see the Ping Test button. The test evaluates how long it takes for your device to transmit information to our VPN servers. Its results help you make a more informed decision on which VPN server to choose. The lower the ping value, the better your connection speed should be.
Note: The ping test can’t be started while VPN connection is on, otherwise its results will be misleading. You need to disconnect from a VPN server to run the test.
3. How to use the Menu screen of VPN Unlimited for Linux
To access the Menu of KeepSolid VPN Unlimited app, press the button in the top left corner of the main screen.
The Menu consists of 4 tabs: My account, Settings, Information, and Support. The first one, My account includes the following options:
1) Details of your KeepSolid ID: It is the email address of your account and the remaining period of your subscription.
More information about KeepSolid ID you can find on this page.
In case you want to log out, click on button.
2) Purchases: Check it out to select the most suitable subscription for you. The options include VPN subscription plans, as well as Extras:
- Personal VPN server
- Personal IP
- Additional slots for your devices
- VPN for teams
These 4 additional offers provide an opportunity to bring your VPN experience to a totally new level. You can learn more about their benefits here.
You can also get to the Purchases tab via the main screen of our VPN for Linux, in just one click. To use the shortcut, just press the button above the map.
3) Change Password: Enter your current password, then type a new one, confirm it and tap Change Password.
4) Password Protection: This option adds an extra layer of security for your account. With password protection on, you’ll need to enter your password on each launch of VPN Unlimited app on your Linux device.
5) Redeem a code: Enter your redeem code to activate the subscription it provides.
6) We recommend: Check out our top solutions to boost your security and productivity.
On the next tab, Settings, you can find the following options:
1) Protocols: Here you’ll find the list of VPN protocols supported on your Linux device. Either manually choose one or enable the Optimal feature. With the Optimal protocol on, the system will automatically select the most suitable protocol for your connection.
2) Stop DNS Leak: Turn it on to make all DNS requests go through our VPN’s DNS servers only.
3) DNS Firewall: This solution performs web filtering and protects you from malware. To activate this solution, enable the toggle button and download the DNS Firewall application. If you already have this app, click Open to configure DNS settings.
4) Trusted Networks: With this feature, you can add WiFi networks that you consider completely secure to trusted. Whenever you connect to a trusted network, VPN connection is disabled automatically. More information about Trusted Networks feature is available here.
5) VPN debug information: When enabled, the app records your connection logs and attaches them to your support ticket, so that we can solve the issue faster.
Note: This option works only with the OpenVPN and KeepSolid Wise protocols.
6) Run on Startup: If you want KeepSolid VPN Unlimited to launch at the system startup, keep this feature on.
Settings are followed by the Information tab, where you’ll find such options:
1) Leave a feedback: Your feedback matters, so tell us what you think about the app. We greatly appreciate your comments and suggestions!
2) About VPN Unlimited: Here you’ll find information about our mission, the app version, and the link to the website.
3) Check for update: See if there’s a newer version of KeepSolid VPN Unlimited for Linux available.
If you need any help with the app, check out the last tab, Support:
1) FAQ: Click on it to open our website with the most frequently asked questions .
2) Customer Support: Need assistance or have any suggestions? Fill out a support ticket and we’ll respond as soon as possible.
3) Connection Feedbacks: If it’s turned on, we’ll ask you to rate the quality of your VPN connection each time you disconnect from a server. This way, you’ll help us make the app even better for you.
4. Bottom line on using VPN Unlimited for Linux
We hope that our manual about how to use VPN on Linux is helpful for you. Have any questions, comments, or suggestions regarding our service? Please contact our customer support team at [email protected].
Enjoy the ultimate online experience with VPN Unlimited
Get a 7-day free trial and 30-day money-back guarantee to check out all benefits of our reliable Linux VPN service!