What Is The Best Filmmaking App for iPhone?
If you want to be an award-winning filmmaker, then the iPhone is an excellent choice to start your creative career. The iPhone offers a wide range of apps that can turn a plain camera mobile and make it powerful enough to take stunning videos and photos. You can also make some cool music videos with these useful Filmmaking apps for iPhone for making films and music as well as other genres.
Filmmaking apps for iPhone and iPad are very popular all over the world, thanks to their ease of use, and great features. Here we will discuss some of the best filmmaking apps for iPhone that can help you get started on your next great project. You can choose a filmmaking app that suits your needs and budget. The following top apps in the list should help you get started on your next great project.
Best Filmmaking Apps for iPhone
Requirements: iOS 15.0 or later
LumaFusion is a powerful multi-track video editor, including such basic but crucial functions as copy and paste. It was made specifically for iPhone users who want to make quality movies quickly on their devices.
Therefore, the features of LumaFusion make it a genuinely comparable alternative to traditional video editing software. It is included in the high-performing movie apps list for iPhone.
- Possibility to use 6 video or audio tracks
- Magnetic timeline that allows editing clips by either linking or inserting them into the sequence and also provides an option to unlink clippings from each other
- Efficient copy, cut, and paste straight into your timeline.
- Ability to select multiple projects at the same time
FiLMiC Pro－Video Camera
Requirements: iOS 14.1 or later
FiLMiC Pro is an advanced filmmaking app for iOS. It will provide a professional grip in filming with iPhones by turning them into professional cameras, and it belongs to the best apps of its kind because of that.
- The arc slider controls enable you to control the position of both ends of a growing line segment at once.
- Reach for the Focus Peaking option to add false color.
- Featuring a live preview of what your edits will look like before you make them
- Three shooting modes are available: standard, hybrid and manual.
Splice – Video Editor & Maker
Requirements: iOS 11.2 or later
If you want to create professional-looking movies on your iPhone, try the Splice app. Therefore we consider it one of the best filmmaking apps for the iPhone.
This app is simple and powerful, which makes it a great editing tool for your iPhone. With its quick-tap button to trim clips and slow-motion effects added by simply dragging the slider bar up or down as needed—you too can edit like an expert while on the go.
- The Chroma Key tool can be used to remove a background.
- You can add Ken Burns effects to animate your video clips.
- Customize your soundtrack with unlimited royalty-free music tracks.
- Easy save and share feature
Best Free Filmmaking Apps for iPhone
Requirements: iOS 15.0 or later
iMovie has long been one of the most suitable filmmaking apps for iPhone. With it, you can create Hollywood-grade trailers effortlessly—no expensive equipment needed! It ensures a cinematic mode on your device and allows you to turn videos into movie magic.
Apple's iMovie offers a simple interface to make video editing on your iPhone easier. You can use it to trim, split, and add effects directly—making it one of the best filming apps for iPhones out there.
- Edit your video quickly and easily, so you can share it right away.
- Titles are easy to apply in the video.
- Editing out unwanted parts of a recording is quick and easy.
- It would be nice to have a dedicated YouTube-compatible output format.
- Adding music to a video often disrupts the flow of the visuals.
- The app requires a lot of memory and processing power from your device.
KineMaster – Video Editor
Requirements: iOS 13.2 or later
KineMaster is a well-designed filmmaking app that lets you create high-quality movies. It's one of the most acceptable iPhone cinematography apps out there.
It offers a simple way to edit and enhance your videos, making it possible for you to add music or make other changes. In addition, its chroma-key (green screen) and 3D transitions give it an edge over other movie apps.
- Commonly used by mobile users
- Easy-to-use interface with easy navigation (Media Panel, contextual editing tools, etc.).
- Extensive and customizable default effects like blurring and mosaics
- Some additional effects and transitions are available only to Pro upgrade users.
- Watermarking may be added to exported video files.
- Layered video is supported on high-end devices and requires a faster processor.
VivaVideo – Video Editor & Maker
Requirements: iOS 12.0 or later
VivaVideo is one of the most suitable filmmaking apps for iPhone, but it's geared mainly toward social media. The interface uses a storyboard layout rather than the traditional timeline—that way you can create short movies on your phone.
Its user interface makes it fast and easy to edit your videos for sharing on social media.
- You can enhance your photos by adding filters and other effects with one tap.
- VivaVideo offers a variety of different fonts and styles for text, so you can add the perfect look to your video.
- It is a powerful video editing program that contains all the basic tools you need to make your home movies.
- The application is best suited for editing short videos and not long ones.
- This video editor does not allow you to edit GIF files.