Why You Should Regularly Clear Your Chrome History
Updated on Nov. 29, 2019
How often do you clear your Chrome browsing history? But you may ask, “Is it really required?”, and “Why should I clear my Chrome history?” Well, cleaning your browsing history from time to time makes sense if you care about your privacy. Nobody will see what info you were searching for or what websites you were visiting.
Yet, deleting your browser history has even more benefits. Besides protecting your privacy, you’ll clear your auto-suggestion list and the items you previously looked for. So, why delete internet history? What are the benefits of deleting browser history? How to add VPN to Chrome browser? KeepSolid VPN Unlimited team answers all your whats and whys.
How to clear your browsing history in Chrome
The process won’t take you much time. Follow these easy steps, and delete Chrome history in a matter of minutes:
- Open your Google Chrome browser and click More at the top-right corner (the three dots button).
- Click History → A dialog with the information about your web surfing activities will appear.
- In case you want to delete only some of your history items, check the desired lines and click Remove selected items.
- However, the more proper way to delete Chrome history is to click the Clear browsing data button. A window will pop up, giving you several options. From the drop-down menu, you can choose how far back you want to delete your history from. It can be the past hour, the past week, or all time. Then check the boxes for the data you want to remove, and click Clear browsing data.
- Now, everything you ticked in the previous step is gone. It’s as simple as that.
Note: We recommend checking the Passwords option too, as this will protect your social network and email accounts from unauthorized access.
This process will take you less than 3 minutes, but will do you a great favor. When you remove the browsing history, you will be able to protect your overall privacy and keep your nerves calm when someone else uses your computer.
What to do if you forget to clear history in Chrome browser
There is one “But” (if only one…). We are all humans, and have a tendency to forget important things like clearing browser history. Imagine, for instance, that you are browsing the web with an eye to find Christmas presents. You decide to be easy-going about this, and order two or more same gifts for your beloved, sister, and whoever else she or he may be.
This assumes that your search history should be kept secret, isn’t it? Otherwise, as the best option, you will just miss the “WOW” effect. At the worst, you will have to listen to all the cheating charges made against you, and then spend weeks to wash away your “guilt”.
Don’t want to get caught up in such situation? Google Chrome has an Incognito mode for this case. It offers you a new window where you can browse the internet without Chrome saving the sites you visit. You can still easily switch between an Incognito window and any regular Chrome browsing windows you use.
Is Private browsing completely “private”?
Unfortunately, it isn’t. Incognito mode only prevents Chrome from saving your browsing activity. However, it won’t stop other parties, like your ISP, government, or employer, from monitoring what sites you visit. Basically, almost any concerned party can track your every step made online. Isn’t it irritating?
But wait! Don’t worry in advance. KeepSolid has a perfect solution for you – a VPN Chrome extension. This well-trusted security app will disguise your real IP address as well as encrypt your browser internet traffic, ensuring that adversaries won’t be able to intercept it.
How to add a VPN to Chrome
KeepSolid VPN extension for Chrome has a very easy-to-use and intuitive user interface. You don’t need to be a tech geek to set it up. The app requires just a few clicks to start running. These are the steps:
- Download KeepSolid VPN Unlimited. Good news, we offer free 7-day trial for all new users.
- Create KeepSolid ID and log in.
- Connect to a VPN server.
- Done, your browsing activities are now secure.
Would you like to have all your internet traffic shielded by VPN? In this case, you may be interested in the desktop version of our VPN app.
Regularly delete Chrome history to hide your search results and social network accounts from those who may have a sneaky peek at your computer, and use KeepSolid VPN Unlimited to protect your privacy from the rest of the cyber world.
Don’t forget to share your ideas about more cases when you think it is reasonable to delete Chrome history. We’ll be glad to hear your feedback!