L2TP configuration guide for Xiaomi Mi Router 3
for KeepSolid VPN Unlimited users
This guide provides you with step-by-step instructions on how to set up a VPN on your Xiaomi router using the L2TP protocol. To get more information about the L2TP protocol, check out our detailed article What is L2TP VPN protocol.
What is Xiaomi Mi WiFi router 3 L2TP? How to setup L2TP on Xiaomi Mi Router? Let’s check it out!
Generate KeepSolid VPN Unlimited manual configuration settings for Mi Router setup
At first, you need to get manual configuration settings in your KeepSolid User Office, which will include login and password for the L2TP connection, as well as the server domain name.
Follow a few simple steps described in the tutorial How to manually create VPN configurations and you’ll easily get all the required information.
Set up the L2TP VPN connection on your Xiaomi router
- Access your Xiaomi Mi router control panel available by the link miwifi.com. In case you’re signing in the control panel for the first time, you’ll be asked to set a password.
- At the bottom of the control panel, click on Advanced and proceed to the VPN section.
- Click Add service.
4. Fill out the fields on the Add service screen in the following way:
- Name: enter the custom name of your VPN connection. In our example it is VPN_Unlimited.
- Protocol type: choose L2TP.
- Server: input the domain name of the selected VPN server.
- Username: paste the login from KeepSolid VPN Unlimited manual configurations that you’ve previously generated in your User Office.
- Password: paste the password from your manual configuration settings.
5. Once completed, click Save.
Connect to a VPN server via your Xiaomi Mi Router 3
The VPN connection(s) you’ve created will be listed under VPN. Click Connect and wait for the VPN connection to be established.
After the connection is successfully established, the status will change to Connected.
If you want your Xiaomi Mi 3 Router to automatically connect to the VPN after reboot, check the box next to Connect automatically when the device is on.
Disconnect from the VPN server via your Xiaomi Mi Router 3
To disconnect from the VPN server, in the Advanced > VPN settings of your Xiaomi router just click Disconnect and wait till the connection is disabled.
Try VPN Unlimited right now!
With our 7-day trial and 30-day guaranteed refund, you get 37 days to see how big of a difference a VPN can make!